Starpoint Gemini's Publisher is Cold
Another of many content updates for the Early Access alpha of Starpoint Gemini 2 was released by the publishers, Iceberg Interactive. Along with that is a trailer from the developers, Little Green Men, to show all of the new additions being made. A lot of these alterations can be attributed to the community with their constant feedback and support since the launch 10 weeks ago. I'm glad to see a developer that actively listens to its fan base for recommendations rather than ignoring them in favor of a publisher, or even focus testing of all things. The new features are as follows:
• Added on-screen notifications like Level-up, Experience gained, Credits gained, Reputation changed (community request)
• Expanded in-game options Added on-screen notifications like Level-up, Experience gained, Credits gained, Reputation changed (community request)
• Added the ability to purchase new ships and store them directly from the Shipyard into the Garage
• Added Bounty board to the Starchart where players can look over the different "heroes" they can hunt down for a reward
• Added pre-rendered intro movie for the campaign
If these new features aren't good enough for the more greedy of consumers, then maybe the free copy of Starpoint Genesis 1 will change your mind. It hasn't been stated when or if this offer ends, so you might want to give it a look sooner rather than later. Iceberg Interactive is pushing for a beta and then goldmaster release sometime in 2014.