Starpoint Gemini 2 Jumps to Beta
We've all been there right? Flying around the universe in a futuristic ship, shooting down bounty hunters, and visiting alien planets gets boring after a while right? There's only so many political alliances and thousands of credits you can accumulate in a space-day after all.
That's why it's about time to thank Little Green Men Games and Iceberg Interactive for updating Starpoint Gemini 2 with a Beta update, including more of what makes Starpoint Gemini 2 good.
• Explore the all-new nebulas and use special new Gas collector equipment to mine their riches.
• Traders rejoice! The frequently requested Best Buy-Sell overview is now available. Plan your trade runs and gain experience at the same time.
• Gemini becomes a more lively place - Encounter battles and other "events" on your travels.
• New micro-event system can change a routine task such as landing on a station into something new. You never know what will be waiting for you, once you're ready to go back into space.
• New graphical improvements like SSAO.
• Numerous bug fixes, feature tweaks and performance optimization.
The two features the developers seem to be priding themselves on the most are the gas collecting and the "Best Buy-Sell overview" which allows traders to buy something from one store and sell it to another a few million miles away. It's a neat new mechanic, especially for a sci-fi sandbox game like Starpoint Gemini 2.
You can be expecting a preview of Starpoint Gemini 2 from us soon, or if you want to try the game out yourselves, you can play the early access version of the game yourselves for $25 on Steam or other PC gaming retailers.