Smite God Reveal – Zhong Kui, The Demon Queller
The Open Beta line-up keeps growing on Smite, now with the latest addition of Zhong Kui, The Demon Queller. Zhong Kui plays as a melee magic tank, similar to Bacchus. Zhong Kui's abilities are as follows:
- Demon Bag (Passive): Any demons that Zhong Kui captures from Exorcism will be stored in his demon bag, this will provide him additional protections for each captured demon. When Recall Demons is activated Zhong Kui gains double the protections from his Demon Bag but eventually losing all stacks when the bag is empty.
- Expose Evil: Zhong Kui pastes a card on all enemies in front of him, this marks them as a demon while slowing and damaging them each second. If the card is removed then 50% of the remaining damage is done instantly.
- Exorcism: Zhong Kui drives out the evil demon spirits in his enemies, dealing damage to them as they leave their bodies. Any demons marked by Expose Evil will be captured to Demon Bag and will heal Zhong Kui.
- Book of Demons: When fired, the Book of Demons deals damage and stuns nearby enemies, while Exposed demons will cause enemies to be stunned for 2 times the duration.
- Recall Demons: Demons pulse from the Demon Bag and chase enemies nearby while healing allies. This also provides Zhong Kui with crowd control immunity.
In addition to Zhong Kui, Guan Yu has received an entire remake both visually and gameplay wise. His 3D model, FX, Animations and 2D Art has all been remade from scratch. His damage has also been changed from Magical to Physical. His new abilities are as follows:
- Painless (Passive): Guan Yu gains force as he takes damage and now utilises a four-swing basic attack chain
- Conviction: Guan's leadership provides healing to himself and to his allies as well as a 3 second physical protection buff
- Warrior's Will: Guan charges forward, slowing and damaging all enemies in his path
- Taolu Assault: Guan spins his blade in a furious manner, slicing and dicing enemies to tiny bits. During this period he is also immune to knockback
- Cavalry Charge: Guan Yu mounts his warhorse and charges, while mounted he can steer and click to attack and is immune to CC (Crowd Control). Enemies he hits takes damage and are slowed.
The changes do not end here though! Cupid, Anhur and Sobek has all received varying degrees of visual upgrades/remakes. The ground targeters have also been updates for Agni, Anubis, Aphrodites, Apollo, Ares, Bacchus, Chang'e, Cupid, Fenrir, Guan Yu, Ne Zha, Neith, Odin, Poseidon, Thor, Xbalanque, Ymir, and Zeus.
And wait there is even more! Now too Kali, Fenrir and Freya all with glorious Golden Skins. While Zeus, Guan Yu and Zhong Kui all receive voice packs.
For those who still do not play Smite, you can click here to make your free account and download the game.