See Riptide In Action
IGN has received an exclusive gameplay reveal for Dead Island: Riptide. The new gameplay video shows off some exciting Pre-Alpha footage along with a developer walkthrough of the features shown, as well as other features that will be included in the game.
To summarise the video:
- The developer walkthrough shows off a Hub-Defence mission, which is a new feature for Dead Island: Riptide.
- Many of the features from Dead Island make a return in Riptide.
- Guns play a bigger role in Riptide than in the previous Dead Island game.
- Boats will offer a new method of travelling.
- In the defence missions, players can set up fences, machine guns, minefields and machine guns.
- NPCs will help the player in combat in these defence missions.
- The game will feature new zombie types.
Dead Island: Riptide releases the 23rd of April 2013 and is already available for pre-order on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.