Details for the first in the season pass DLC for Metro: Last Light has come slinking out of the darkness. Deviating from Artyom's story to concentrate on other stations, the Faction DLC features not one, but three new missions. Each following a different specially trained operative from a different faction (see what they did there?) within the subterranean world.
- As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm...
- ... before defending the front line as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
- Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out...
But that's not all. As well as the screenshots below, we've even been graced with some advance details of the next DLC on the following three additions to the roster.
- The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
- The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders' Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
- Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure