I'll Wipe Th' Floor Wi' Ye
Well, this doesn't really count as a revelation anymore, we all knew it was coming, but still. We have the official announcement from Tripwire regarding the Killing Floor update. However, that is not to say this is no big deal. Far from it in fact, and there are some rather nice surprises tucked in amongst all the leaked information we already have.
- All new game type: Objective Mode features story driven gameplay with objectives to complete while battling the zeds!
- The new map, Steamland, playable in both the new Objective Mode and Wave Mode!
- Objective Mode added to the Killing Floor SDK, so mappers can now create their own story-based maps.
- New unlockable event character: Steampunk Mrs. Foster! Unlock here during the event while you can!
- Additional achievements for the new game mode and new level.
- Another opportunity to unlock Steampunk Mr. Foster during the event.
- For everyone who owns Rising Storm (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510) - the Rising Storm Tommy Gun.
- All FREE to everyone who owns the game!
That's a rather hefty whack of content there, I think we can all agree. But even that isn't the end of the story. From today, 4th July, the game will be free to play for everyone. Yes, absolutely everyone. All those friends of yours that were uhming and ahing about picking it up, now is the perfect time for you to infect them.
Me? I'll see you there.