Heart of the Swarm Social Anomaly
Blizzard has released a new video detailing the social features that StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm will introduce. The video above details these changes and this news post will summarise these new features.
The features are as followed:
- The interface of the menu has been completely overhauled to be more straightforward and more practical
- Chat channels are now also available immediately from the main menu screen
- Players can now create clans and groups, the clans are small groups focused on competitive play, while groups are more focused around the social aspect
- Perhaps a really neat feature is the new Players near you feature, which allows you to find players on your same local server, the example they gave is if you are in a university dorm, you can then see all the players online playing from that dorm
- The long promised and long awaited region support is finally coming with Heart of the Swarm and players can simply switch regions at the main login screen
Blizzard will be releasing more videos in the future detailing some of the other exciting new features that Heart of the Swarm will introduce, so keep your eye out on Pixel Judge for those.