Generating Inventory Screens - Door Kickers 5!
Door Kickers is a great game, and it's only getting better! Alpha 5 went live today, and brought with it both the much anticipated mission generator - wherein you're able to load up a mission from the barest parameters and try your luck - and the ability to alter the inventory of individual troopers - allowing you to swap out flashbangs for an extra breaching charge, or change an assault carbine for a fully automatic SMG.
There's more that's been changed, but I think that between the video above, and the fact that all of you should have gone and bought this after reading my preview, I think you'll manage to work those out for yourself!
- You can now customize the inventory of each trooper.
- Random mission generator.
- "No Intel" play mode. For now an experiment, only available in the Random Mission Generator.
- Persistent trooper roster.
- The Corner Engagement issue is done! AI now correctly engages center of visible mass when engaging partially-covered enemies.
- In-cover status now visible on characters; also improved the cover system in general.
- Can now order troopers to switch between primary and secondary weapons.
- "Reload" and "Switch weapon" waypoints now block movement until they are completed.The On-Call actions are still performed on the move and left to player discretion.
- New ambiental music tracks and win/lose jingles.
- New maps.
- Many improvements/fixes on the firearms' shooting methods.
- Improved deploy screen usability: you can now replace troopers by droping them on top of each other, plus other improvements.
- Firearms are now fully moddable (can add more weapons at will).
- Many fixes to delays in the friendly AI's targeting.
- Can no longer rotate trooper while disarming bomb, placing a breaching charge or using the spy camera.
- Damage was sometimes incorrectly calculated, which resulted in a more randomness than design intended.
- Fixed game not starting on some Windows XP versions (normaliz.dll error).
- When playing in a resolution below 1366x768, the game no longer crashes and burns.
- Fixed OpenGL-related crash on older hardware.
- Fixed AI going through walls.
- Fixed Linux multi-monitor bug.
- Fixed resolution not changing after switching monitors or changing desktop resolution.
No more impossible-to-kill enemies on the airplane level.