Diablo 3 Patch Focuses on Co-op
Well it seems Blizzard is starting to get some things right with Diablo, choosing now to focus on its major strength over similar contenders such as Torchlight 2 with well-integrated co-operative play. In the upcoming 1.0.8 update, Blizzard has promised to enhance the co-op experience, making it a seamless transition from normal play and even increasing the loot and direct buffs given to co-operative groups. Their mission then, in this latest patch, is to "make it easier and more rewarding for people to play with each other", a mission I can wholeheartedly get behind.
The changes can be examined in detail at the developer journal in the link above, but the gist of it is as follows:
- Matchmaking tags now allow differentiation in what players are looking for in a game, such as Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, and PvP.
- Multiplayer bonuses such as extra XP and Gold/Magic Find
- Reduced additional Monster health
- Addition of Identify All to the game (Thank God)
- Archon Kills now count assists
- Combat alerts notifies parties of incoming elites or treasure goblins
- Players Near You showcases players logged into your local network
- Private Chat hosting up to 99 players.