Crusader Kings II's Horse Lords Are Coming
Striking at a particularly tumultuous part in Western history, Genghis Khan, among other rulers from the Far East, changed warfare forever when he brought about the mass use of cavalry to Europe, and parts of western Asia. Genghis built the largest contiguous land empire the world has ever known, and now, Paradox Interactive has seen fit to bring his exploits, and some other changes to the world of Crusader Kings II.
Some of the more prominent changes are:
- Nomadic Rule: a new form of government that requires a lot of space for your people, which resist traditional forms of settlement
- Clan Politics: rule clans within nomadic tribes, split clans that become too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
- Silk Road: the legendary trade route stretching from south-east China to central Europe, makes for a profitable plunder target
- Larger, Updated Map: the Central Asian plains region has been expanded
- Forts: build temporary fortifications to support a captured province until your war is over
It should be noted that things such as forts and the Silk Road are coming free to all current and future CKII owners, as is tradition for Paradox and their stance on DLC. There's no word on pricing yet from Paradox, but the Horse Lords will be stampeding into steppes near you on July 14th of this year.