Crusader Kings II In-Game Event Contest
The developers behind Crusader Kings II have given players everything from new heraldry options, an in-game alternate history timeline and even zombies. Now Paradox are giving players the chance to create an in-game event for the new Crusader Kings II expansion pack 'The Old Gods'.
Players are being asked to construct an in-game event, a title for the event, a description of the event and the possible consequences of the event. Three winners will be chosen out of all events submitted and these three in-game events shall be put into the game. There are some rules that players must follow though:
1. It has to be a simple, one-shot event. No follow-ups, no event series.
2. It can be historical, humorous, serious, or any combination of those - as long as it fits the period.
3. We prefer character events, but you can also create a narrative event if you want to include more text.
4. The event will be restricted to pagans (and Zoroastrians). It's up to you whether it should be generic enough to be available to all of them, or if it should be limited to Norse Pagans, Zoroastrians, Tengri or another specific group.
5. Unless you have an event picture in mind, we'll pick an appropriate artwork for the event.
6. The event needs both a trigger and an effect. The trigger can be as simple as being an adult and having a certain religion, or something more restrictive. The effect shouldn't be too severe or impact the game too much, as this will be more of a flavor event.
7. The event can have multiple options with different effects, or just one. (Having additional options that only show up if the character has a certain trait can be a nice touch, but it isn't required.)
8. Take care not to write too much, as the text needs to fit inside the event window. If it's too long, we'll shorten it as needed if your event is picked as one of the winners."
In addition to the events they've designed being added to the game, winners will also receive the Crusader Kings II bundle that includes the game and all previous DLC as well as a copy of March of the Eagles.
To enter the competition yourself and to go over the full conditions for entering, read this thread on the Paradox forums. The Old Gods expansion will be released May 28th. Check out the development diary video above for more information.