A Secret Locked in the Vault
Well Fallout 4 may have been missing from E3, however it has been known for a while that we will see another one coming, but there hasn't been any official word or announcement. That is, until now, according to an unknown source, Bethesda has secretly shown off something in relation to Fallout 4. Apparently inside this meeting Fallout 4 was shown off with a teaser trailer that lasted about 37 seconds, along with explaining some details about the game itself. This was shown off during the full 45 minute presentation. This information wasn't meant to be publically released, but an unconfirmed source has leaked this to the internet nevertheless.
According to the anonymous source, this is what is currently known about the upcoming fallout sequel:
- Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
- As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
- As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.
- The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.
- The expected launch is in October 2015.
- The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.
- There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.
- The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
- The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.
- The 37 second trailer starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a bell tower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.
As far as we know, this has all been confirmed to be true, along with some rumours floating about elsewhere which can't be immediately verified. All we know now is to wait for an official announcement, as we don't know a solid announcement time for this, only at some point at the end of this year, so stay tuned in for that.
What about you guys, ready to go hunting again in the post-apocalyptic fallout universe?