Project Spark is Dropping Microtransactions
Previously it was on a microtransaction model that charged players for certain objects and features, but from the sounds of it, everything will be available for everyone now including the 300 or 400 new games people develop "every day" according to Xbox Wire.
Alongside the free items, freely created games, and newly free content, Project Spark will be adding some new features on the October 5th update like:
- The maximum terrain limit in creations has been doubled
- The maximum prop limit in creations has been increased by 500
- 200+ new assets have been added in game, including a dragon, goblin warlord, bog biome and a set of new primitive building blocks
- Each creator will now have a total of 100 Upload Slots for their creations
- UGC ranking will be based on downloads and favorites, instead of upvote/downvote ratings
- The Project Spark Marketplace has been removed
- The Project Spark Tour and Treasure Trove have been removed
- Achievements have been revamped for players and creators
If you're somebody who has already paid for your items, fear not, because you'll be refunded in Microsoft store credit for each transaction within 30-60 days after October 5th.