F1 2013 – The Classics
The new F1 2013 game in development by Codemasters Birmingham has received an nifty trailer showing content that will please hardcore F1 fans. It seems the title will include a variety of "classic" F1 content in both the standard and Classic Editions of the game. This classic content is a range of tracks, vehicles and drivers from the 1980s of Formula 1.
The content is as follows:
Included in both the standard and Classic Edition of F1 2013:
- Circuit De Jerez: Former host of the Spanish Grand Prix
- Brands Hatch: Famed home of the British Grand Prix
1980s Cars and Drivers:
- 1980 Williams FW07B with original driver, Alan Jones and Team Legend Alain Prost
- 1986 Team Lotus 98T with Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi
- 1988 Ferrari F1-87/88C with Gerhard Berger and Michael Schumacher
- 1988 Team Lotus 100T with Satoru Nakajima and Mika Hakkinen
- 1988 Williams FW12 with Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill
Then there is content from the 1990s that only the Classic Edition will feature at first (and later most likely released as paid DLC):
- Two tracks: Imola, the former host of the San Marino GP and Estoril, former home of the Portuguese GP
- 1992 Ferrari F92 A with Jean Alesi and another driver still to be decided
- 1992 Williams FW14B with Nigel Mansell and David Coulthard
- 1996 Ferrari F310 with Michael Schumacher and Gerhard Berger
- 1996 FW18 with Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve
- 1999 Ferrari F399 with Eddie Irvine and Jody Scheckter
- 1999 Williams FW21 with Alain Prost and a to be decided Original Driver
These Classic contents will be playable in an all new gameplay mode called F1 Classics, which will feature the legendary broadcaster, Murray Walker. Depending on the classic content piece, different ones can also be used across different non-classic modes.
While the Classic Content is more of a bonus, it actually seems to have quite the effort put into it as it even features its own mode, the focus of the game though is still Formula 1 from 2013 season and as such players will be able to race in cars and as drivers from the 2013 F1 season, for example Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes and Segio Perez in a Mclaren-Mercedes. Also included is all of the rule changes, tyre changes and remodelled handling to reflect the GP of 2013. In addition to a stunning roster of drivers and cars, F1 2013 will also feature a range of enhancements, improvements, split-screen and online multiplayer.
More details will be released as we approach its October 4th (EU)/8th (US) 2013 release date.