Darkest Dungeon's New Class - The Abomination
Darkest Dungeon, the brutally dark and difficult turn based RPG from Red Hook Studios, is introducing the Abomination class with their planned "Inhuman Bondage" update on November 30th.
"Branded. beaten, and chained up for years, The Abomination has escaped his confinement and seeks refuge in the Hamlet! He is a tortured soul – a shapeshifting monstrosity with poison in his veins!"
None of The Abomination's abilities, trinkets, strengths, or weaknesses are known, but Red Hook did confirm two new backer-designed enemies, the Collector and the Madman, as well as some new features that they're planning to introduce alongside the Abomination in the November 30th patch.
• Subtitles will be in the final build
• All game text content will be localized to a number of languages – exact list will be confirmed at a later date.
• Regular Dev Streams will be starting back up!
• Time allowing, we want to upgrade and enhance the behaviours and skills of some existing monsters, to bring them closer to the diversity of mechanics that we see happening in the Cove.
• That big UI/UX/Tutorial thread had a good deal of actionable items we had our own concerns about but were echoed by our community. We are going to try to incorporate some of that feedback before launch, and will look for opportunities to improve other items post-launch as we roll out other updates and expansions.
• More additions to the soundtrack at launch!
Red Hook is still aiming for their January 19th full release date, and they're hard at work introducing the final features.